Register for Online Services
Online services allow you to:
- Book, check or cancel appointments with a GP, nurse or other healthcare professional.
- Order repeat prescriptions.
- View your health record, including information about medicines, vaccinations, and test results.
- Look at communications between your GP surgery and other services, such as hospitals.
What service is available?
At Thatcham Medical practice we offer 3 ways to access online services (please click each for more information):
Apart from all having very similar features and preferences, please note the following:
- Patient Access and the NHS App works on all forms of digital platforms (i.e., computer, laptop, tablet, smartphone and other mobile devices).
- All 3 services can be downloaded on Apple and Android devices.
- It is also possible to have an account with all 3 services, should you decide to change provider. However, we recommend that you consistently use just one service.
- Parent and/or Guardians can be entered as a proxy on a child’s account.
Registration process to view detailed medical record
It is possible to register without visiting the practice or obtaining a registration letter.
- Just download and/or install the NHS App
- Patient are asked to set up a new NHS login by verifying your own ID by taking a photograph of your photo ID and then recording a short video of you saying 3 or 4 numbers for the system to recognise you are the person on your ID.
- For guidance, visit www.youtube.com – NHS App – NHS Login Using Photo ID
- This app is for over 13s only.
Please note that if you are not able to do this then you can contact our practice by completing the Register for Online Medical Record Access form for your GP’s authorisation (containing your online credentials – Linkage Key, ODS Code and Account ID) or come into the surgery and ask our reception.
If you experience any problems with online access that we cannot resolve, please contact the following help desks as appropriate: