The Thatcham Medical Practice’s District Nurses team visit patients who are housebound, giving care & expertise on the following:
- Assessment of Acute / Chronically ill Patients
- Palliative Care to Patients who are terminally ill and palliative support
- Management of Diabetic Patients
- Chronic Disease Management
- Intravenous Therapy – including IV antibiotics and PICC line care
- Bowel care
- Wound Care
- Post-Operative care
The above list is by no means exhaustive.
NB: The District Nurses are unable to offer personal hygiene, delivery & collection of medication, filling of dossette boxes or the administration of regular eye-drops, ear drops, peg feeding and care, cutting toe or finger nails. However, they can give information regarding these services.
Clinics and Out-Of-Hours Help
They also have a 7 day service, and an emergency evening service, both of which are run from the Newbury PCT. Contact 111.
The District Nurses can be contacted by phoning them directly on 01635 292080. This is answered between 8:30 and 4:30, Monday to Friday (NB: an answer-phone will pick up any calls if no District Nurse is available).
Outside of these hours, please contact The Thatcham Medical Practice or 111.
District Nursing Team