Please do not visit the practice, if you have a new persistent cough, or fever above 37.8C, or if either you or a member of your household is self-isolating.
- Prescriptions – where possible please order on line, your prescription can be sent electronically to a designated pharmacy of your choice. Please allow plenty of time for your pharmacy to dispense your prescription.
- Sick certificates – you do not need a sick certificate if you are self- isolating. (Please see helpful links below) You can request a sick certificate for other purposes via our practice website. thatchammedicalpractice.co.uk
GP appointments are now by telephone call only, the GP will only ask you to come to the surgery if absolutely necessary. Telephone appointments can be booked on line or by calling 01635 867171.
Treatment room nurse appointments, we will see patients for essential nursing services only. Currently this includes some dressings, baby immunisations, injections, blood tests, ECG’s and cervical smears. All other clinic appointments will by phone unless otherwise contacted.
Patients who already have appointments booked for a coil fitting, implant or minor operation are currently still being seen, however appointments may be cancelled at short notice according to staffing levels. We are not booking any new appointments for these procedures; patients will be added to a waiting list and called in on a future date.
Antenatal clinic – for booked appointments only
Physiotherapy clinics – for booked appointments only
Telephone reviews – patients can book a telephone review for diabetes, asthma, COPD, Mental Health including anxiety , depression , contraceptive pill reviews.
Visit the health review and assessment tab on our website to enter your home monitoring readings.
The following clinics have been cancelled until further notice
- Travel, Fibroscan, Acupuncture, Podiatry, and Health promotion
If you have an appointment at the surgery
- Always use the hand sanitiser
- Keep a 2 metre distance from the person in front of you in the queue to see a receptionist and please do not lean over the reception desk!
- Do not bring other family members /children with you to an appointment unless absolutely necessary
- Under certain circumstances you may be asked to wait in your car and the nurse or doctor will then call you to come into the surgery when they are ready to see you.
Am I in an at risk group for coronavirus ?
Advice on self-isolating
If you are worried you may have coronavirus
If you are worried about your employment rights
If you are worried about your mental health
These are difficult times for everyone! I am sure you will appreciate there maybe delays and we thank you for your understanding.
If you are concerned about someone you know who is home alone and vulnerable please let us know, we are here to help if we can.