Firstly we would like to thank all our patients for their cooperation and understanding over the last 14 months.
GP surgeries are still working in covid-safe ways to ensure we safeguard patients and staff. As covid restrictions are easing we are finding demand significantly rising.
There are lots of self-help options available to you such as www.usetherightservice.com and the NHS 111 website (www.111.nhs.uk) so if you can, you should use these sources to check whether you need to be seen at your practice. Further information is also available on our practice website www.thatchammedicalpractice.co.uk
If you need to contact your practice team, you might notice that we still have the following in place:
- If you call the practice, a receptionist will ask you some questions to ensure they direct you to the best person to help you within appropriate timescales.
- If you request a routine appointment, a clinician will assess the most appropriate method, whether this is on the phone, video call, or face to face.
- If you request an urgent appointment, a clinician will assess you by telephone on the day where possible. If a more urgent response is needed you may call 111 for further advice. In the event of an emergency please call 999.
- The majority of our clinics have now re-opened and you can book face to face appointments in the treatment room.
- Please do not attend the practice if you do not have an appointment, we can only accommodate a maximum of 10 patients in the waiting room at any one time in order to maintain social distancing.
- When you attend the practice please always sanitise your hands on arrival, and wear a face mask (unless exempt).
- The average wait for a routine GP appointment is around 4 weeks in and around Newbury.
All these things affect the number of people we can see and how long we might take to get back to you. Please bear with us as we are working as hard as we can to ensure all our patients receive appropriate care.
We are expecting new guidance shortly and will change our processes to keep up to date with the latest guidance.