Please be aware of the following changes to our Clinical IT System, that will be taking place in October;
It’s time to UPGRADE
We believe our new computer system will provide a more efficient and effective way of managing your healthcare needs by introducing better ways of working for our practice, and also enable us to be better connected to other NHS services both locally and nationally.
There will be some disruption, which we will try to minimise for our patients during this transition, however there will be some impact on our services.
Please note the following:
- PRESCRIPTIONS All prescription requests must be with us by 3rd October if medication is needed by 18th October.
- APPOINTMENTS We will be running a very limited service for appointments between 9th and 18th of October.
- TEST RESULTS Patients will not be able to request test results between 9th and 18th of October. However our GP’s will contact all patients whose results need following up urgently
- REFERRALS Any referrals required between 9th and 18th of October will be processed as soon as possible. Any urgent referrals will not be delayed
- NEW PATIENTS We will not be able to register new patients between 9th and 18th of October. If you need to be seen in the practice during this time you will be asked to complete a form to be seen on the day. You will then need to register as a new patient after 18th of October.
- ONLINE SERVICES We will not be able to accept any new applications for online services between 9th and 24th of October. You can access MyGP App up this time and you will be able to log into NHS App thereafter.
As you can imagine there are rigorous processes involved in implementing the new Clinical IT System and we are all working very hard to ensure as smooth a transition as possible. So please bear with us, we apologise in advance for the inconvenience and thank you for your co-operation.
Thatcham Medical Practice Team.
22nd August 2019